A Coffee Mystery

 

It was my first day in the beautiful coffee shop. The aroma of powdered coffee filled the environment. The hustling noises of trees, chirping of birds and people drinking sips of coffee added to the beauty which made the place lively. I was overwhelmed by the behavior of the owner Kate- a 20-year-old girl who helped her mother make this place brick by brick and now it stands as a famous cafรฉ in the busy streets. She was kind enough to give me an opportunity to work at her shop. She was a great boss but also a better friend. When I was desperate for a job, she came to help me. I also promised her that I would put my heart and soul to work and help her coffee shop to gain huge profits๐Ÿ’ฏ because I knew how their sales were not high ๐Ÿ’นaccording to their expectations and she needed help. Moreover, her mother was out of station to attend a wedding and Kate did not want her mother to disappoint due to their work.

I joined work in a week and gradually learned the work there. She helped me every time I served coffee to the customers, ensuring I don’t spill it because I was not accustomed to serving or carrying it to tables right now. Also, a onetime incident about the same made her more vigilant๐Ÿ‘€.

We used to hang out, chill and go out shopping together after our work hours ๐Ÿ•žwhich was our favorite past time. Her coffee house was gradually doing well, and her sales boosted in just a week to which we celebrated๐ŸŽ‰. I was very satisfied with my job as I could help my friend- a very kind and caring soul.

The next day like any other day was busy for us when something unexpected happened. We opened the shop and as usual a lot of customers were lined up to taste our new menu for the day☕. But something distracted me in the process- 2 customers dressed in black๐Ÿ‘ฅ. It was a casual coat that they were wearing but it instigated me for some reason. However, I just let the thought go and focused on serving the people. I went to the table of the men in black and took their order. When I asked their name, they h e s i t a t e d to say it which made me more suspicious. I tried to see their faces, but their faces were hidden under the black hat they were wearing. They always were glued to the phone ๐Ÿ“ฑor talked to each other when I tried to make a conversation with them which made me feel wrong and I knew something was fishy there.

It was time to close our cafรฉ and the men in black did not leave till last. As they got up, one of them fell to the ground making a loud thud noise. This alarmed others and they suddenly stood up on their feet. The man blamed us for his situation. He claimed that we had some drug mixed in our coffee. Everyone froze for a moment along with Kate. I tried to control the situation, but it just slipped out of my hands. Everyone was pointing fingers ๐Ÿ‘ˆat us. Kate broke down and tears rolled continuously out of her eyes because this affected our sales a lot. The news of this incident spread like wildfire๐Ÿ”ฅ in the city. No one cared to listen to us because people always go according to what they see and never try to understand the whole story to it. Our reputation was lost, and, in some weeks, we saw the other coffee shop running well. He was our rival and when he gained popularity, he further tried to harm us by either diverting our customers or trying to steal them to increase his business. I encouraged Kate in every way, and we started to work hard to make our business stable and remove the name we had been given as.

But I did not forget the incident and went after the customers when my suspicion became true – they were trying to harm Katy. The other day I saw both of them sitting in the opposite coffee shop, so I went in the shop, covered by face๐Ÿ‘ค and tried to listen to their conversation. They were talking with one of the waiter there in a hushed voice so I could hear only few words- Katy…….killed…….coffee shop…..tomorrow. I was shocked as I didn’t know what I had to do. My brain stopped working but the only command I could think of was to run to her to tell what I heard and discuss as to what to do next. She was shaken but her expressions didn’t come naturally. It seemed she knew about it, so she already had a planned made and asked for my opinion. We decided that she would not go to the shop tomorrow and only I would go as we could not keep it closed. We both joined the pieces of the puzzle together and Katy assumed that the rival has a plan to close our shop forever. I never thought jealousy could lead a man to plan a murder, however, everything was happening in front of our eyes so we could not take a risk.

I went to the shop the next day and it was like a usual  bright  and chirpy morning. I tried to complete my work as soon as possible and return to her home. I rang the doorbell ๐Ÿ””three times but when no one opened the door I panicked rushing all around the house trying to break in. I didn’t want the negativity to enter my thoughts, but it just pushed in and the thought of losing my friend just struck in my mind. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I found an unlocked window through which I entered and hurried inside to which I find blood stains on the floor. I was devastated and started to blame myself for the situation. Suddenly Kate came running to me to tell me about how the glass broke, and she cut her feet with it. I calmed down on seeing her and did the dressing of her injury. So, I felt that I heard wrong or made a wrong decision by suspecting the two men. But what I heard always flashed in my brain๐Ÿ’ญ.

The following day the newspaper had big headlines "The Coffee Express owner killed" along with a photo of the owner in a pool of blood. I was surprised and confused as to how and why did this happen. I could not believe what I saw because none of it matched with what I heard day before yesterday. I showed the news to Kate and there was a small grin coming to her face while she read the news. I thought maybe she was happy because her rival is out of competition. In an hour, the two men passed by the shop and just gave a thumbs up to Kate while she smiled back at them. I NEVER EXPECTED THIS FROM HER!!!

 

 


Comments

  1. This is soo good ❤️❤️ You're soo talented. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww that was something
    Great plot
    Keep it up looking forward to more of your posts ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so talented!!❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good story. Change of context at the end was surprising ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't expect the ending at the end!!! Keep writing more stories!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really interesting end. Love the way you expressed this story. Good. Looking forward for more stories ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep spreading the joy and love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amzing story I am waiting for next story

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooow....Wonderful articulation. With every sentence, I felt I was living that moment in the story.. And the ending, Amaziiiing ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘...Keep it up Gal ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos! Great going girl... keep it up! Waiting for another mystery ๐Ÿ˜❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art from the Past

Lockdown Creativity

A Stranger at Platform No.8